La Computer (# 271)
A French teacher was explaining to her class that in French, unlike
English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine. "House"
is feminine -- "la maison." "Pencil" is masculine -- "le crayon."
A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'?" Instead of giving the
answer, the teacher split the class into two groups -- male and female
and Asked them to decide for themselves whether "computer" should be a
masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons
for their recommendation.
The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the
feminine gender ("la computer"), because:
1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic;
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is
incomprehensible to everyone else;
3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for
possible later retrieval; and
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending
half your paycheck on accessories for it.
(no chuckling guys ... this gets better!!!)
The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be
Masculine "le computer"), because:
1. In order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on;
2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves;
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they
ARE the problem; and
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a
little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
The women won.
js, overland park, ks
Rate This Joke:
Email to a Friend
More SEXIST Jokes
Submit a Joke
Copyright © 2003 - 2007
My Favorite Joke